6 things you need to know about cold pressed juices
To detox or not to detox? That is the question.
Sure you had periods when you felt that your body was moving like a web browser with far too many open tabs: very slowly. Stress has given you a headache, the lack of sleep has left you powerless, the changes in weather have affected your immune system and have weakened you, and you’re aware that eating unhealthy, has left its mark on you.
Clearly you need a restart. With a colorful, energy-packed program that will bring a smile upon your face. The solution? A cold-pressed juice detox program designed specifically to give the body a break and at the same time provide the necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals needed for the body.
If it's the first time you hear about a detox program, we've prepared 6 things and myths that you need to know before you get a RAW juice detoxing cure.
- Depending on temperature and cooking time, vitamins, antioxidants and phytonutrients are lost during cooking. Therefore, eating raw foods without pasteurization will bring you much more vitamins and antioxidants in your body for extra energy and a super-refresh.
- You have nothing to worry about not having enough protein or calcium intake. Ingredients from Urban Monkey juices such as spinach, oranges or kale leaves are full of calcium, and spirulina from RAW lemonade is a great source of protein. You can also always add to you detox cure a handful of almonds (this way you also cheat hunger).
- Green juices are rich in chlorophyll, which helps the body detoxify, improve blood circulation and balance the pH by reducing the acidity of the body.
- Because enzymes begin to degrade immediately after cold pressing, Urban Monkey RAW products undergo a High-Pressure-Processing (HPP) process. They are subjected to a pressure of over 6000 bars, which destroys all pathogens, but keeps intact and active all the enzymes. That's why it's safe to consume Urban Monkey RAW products even a month after juicing, getting the same benefits.
- Nutritionists recommend chewing juices. Yeah, you read that well. Chew juices to activate digestive enzymes in the mouth and to get a better assimilation of nutrients in the body.
- Coconut water is a rich source of electrolyts, recommended by doctors in combating dehydration and cold. We made sure to put it in RAW Juice 6 Six & The City.
If we convinced you to take a 2-day break, order your own RAW detoxbox in the "Programs" section. Good luck with your detox and stay optimistic!